Kids love obstacle courses, giving them the way to explore new skills and exciting playtime with friends. It even offers children a way to develop and grow. However, obstacle challenges need to create thoughtfully by parents and teachers. So keep age recommendation and safety as significant aspects.
In this blog, we will be summarizing some of the Homemade Obstacle Course For Preschoolers. So let’s know more about easy and unique obstacle course ideas for toddlers.
Some Great Homemade Obstacle Course For Preschoolers
Not only kids but adults also love to play and spend plenty of time in obstacle courses. Why not create the one at home indoor or backyard for more fun and enjoyment with family and friends.
Use different sizes and colors balls. Even other materials of balls can be used in building obstacles for preschoolers. Make sure the stuff of balls is soft and easy to grip, ensuring kids’ safety maximum. Obstacle ideas like with balls such as:
- Bounce basketball ten-time non-stop.
- Bounce tennis balls on tacket 12 times in continuity.
- Kick balls from A side to B.
- Put balls into a basket or boxes.
- Bounce the balls to reach the next to the net or target placed.
Ladders can be used differently to create great obstacle course ideas to run through. Some obstacle ideas to build with ladders are below.
- Lay ladders on the ground to run through them.
- Hop through each space is also a great way to make kids learn to jump and balance.
- If you feel ladders are unsafe or don’t have them, just put sticks in row form.
Be careful while creating rope obstacles for kids, as they are at high risk of falling off.
- Keep ropes parallel to each other on the ground in the form of a line for children to jump or walk without touching them.
- Take worth of quality ropes to make swings for them.
- Hang a few colorful ropes or ribbons to some height and give kids a way to jump and touch them as an obstacle.
Old Clothes or Wellies Obstacles
Use old clothes and give kids a stop-timer to wear them and dress them up. You can also reverse it by taking clothes off for more fun and excitement.
Hula Hoop Obstacles
Hula hoops are one of the most fun ways to play, and in obstacle courses, these are worth enjoyable for preschoolers.
- You can lay down hula hoops on the ground to step or jump one to next and then more. If you don’t have hula hoops, then you can use old tires or pool rings.
- Give them a hula hoop for 10 seconds to complete 15 rounds.
- Let kids together grp hula hoops to skip with it for more fun.
- Please give them a task to roll hula hoop to target from one place to another without falling.
Wood Plank Obstacles
Use wooden planks to create unique obstacle courses.
- Place them on grass or ground within an equal distance and let kids a challenge to walk on them without touching the ground.
- If kids are not preschoolers and toddlers, then place the wooden plank on a beam or rocks for more fun, yet keeping safety major.
Crawl Under Obstacles
Make obstacle courses for kids to crawl under. For this, you can use different materials like types, pool noodles, cardboard boxes, blankets, cargo net, etc.
Pool Noodle Obstacles
Most of the kids love pool noodles to play in obstacle courses. So good is not to miss pool noodle ideas.
- Create a tunnel, and let kids with a challenge to crawl under them.
- Make pool noodle balance on boxes and give kids a way to jump them over as hurdles to win.
Get Wet Ideas
Take the season and age group of the kids in major before building water and splash obstacle courses.
- Provide kids safe water guns and pistols to hit objects and targets with water splash.
- Use water toys like fishes, lightweight balls, etc., in small kids’ pools to play.
- Sprinkle color water, with the challenge to guess the color of water while closing their eyes.
- Keep a bucket fill with water and give them a fun time to empty the filled bucket and filled the empty tub or bucket with a timer.
Some Other Homemade Obstacles Courses For Preschoolers
- Use veggies like tomatoes or potatoes, even eggs to balance on the spoon and walk to the target without falling them on the ground.
- Give them skipping ropes to jump x times.
- Give them the challenge to jump with balls hit from the head or do push-ups.
Things You Can Use To Make Homemade Obstacle Course For Preschoolers
- You can use the below-mentioned materials without investing much.
- Use wooden plays and board pieces.
- Use old junkyard tires, ropes, and water pipes.
- Toys like balls, balloons, ribbons, nets, soft toys, etc.
- Old clothes, blankets, towels, pillows, cushions, etc.
- Hula hoops, pool noodles, cardboard boxes, flags, and more.
Safety Tips To Keep Highlighted While Building Any Obstacle Challenge For Children
- Keep all metal and sharp edge materials out and away from obstacle course locations.
- Always ready with safety and first aid kid.
- Make sure the obstacles created are age-appropriate.
- Ensure elder’s supervision and guidance always while kids are attempting any obstacle challenge.
So now you know many of the Homemade Obstacle Course For Preschoolers and toddlers as mentioned above. Thus to improve their motor skills, coordination, and body balancing, power obstacle ideas and challenges are good. You can enhance their physical development and mental stimulation as well with obstacle challenges. However, for homemade obstacle course creations, take help of them; this will also allow them to learn new things and have fun with friends and family.